It’s been a while, but I’m back! My team is back too, so full steam ahead!
I’ve been spending quite some time captioning our app’s video tutorials on YouTube – getting better and better with it too.
Meeting with Julien, my mentor, is always good. He is helpful, but also gives me a lot of time to experiment and figure things out on my own. And says ‘Don’t worry’ a lot, which is good too 🙂
I’ve been going through Udacity’s course on web accessibility. I really like their exercises and I’m learning a lot – and also writing down suggestions for how we could improve perf-
This on how to show git changes that have been changed and I’ve also added some aliases in the .gitconfig file.
Reading through “I Threw Away My Mouse”
(Notes from I Threw Way My Mouse)
- use custom focus style (clearly visible and distinguishable)
- :focus-visible polyfill or a similar technique to create specific focus styles for keyboard users.
- skip link
- Hiding focusable items by using the hidden attribute or setting
- avoid wrong semantics/HTML
- practice focus management
- be careful with tabindex
And, of course, lots of tinkering with CSSTransitions still!
Listening to RadioParadise!